XEV22D Driver for Stepper Electronic Expansion Valves
The XEV22D controller is capable of driving a wide variety of stepper electronic expansion valves. XEV22D regulates the superheat (SH) of the fluid that runs into refrigerating unit in order to obtain optimized performance and functioning of the evaporator independent by climatic or load conditions.
XEV22D modules are equipped with two (2) probe inputs, one for a 4 to 20mA or 0 to 5V pressure transducer and another one for a NTC-EU, NTC-US or Pt100 temperature probe.
The LAN connection transmits the pressure signal to other XEV modules; this allows the use of only one pressure transducer in multiplexed cabinet applications. There are also two (2) configurable digital inputs, the first one is free of voltage and the other one is at high voltage in order to simplify connections with cooling request signal.
With the integrated display, it is possible to see the superheat (SH) value, the degree of valve opening or the probe values; the local keyboard allows programming the instrument without any other devices.
An RS485 serial link connects the XEV22D to Emerson monitoring and supervising systems.
Advanced Superheat Control
Mechanical valve drivers may not allow efficient control of the case during low load or head pressure conditions. Emerson’s XEV valve driver allows retailers to manage valves electronically and ensure a stable flow of refrigerant measured precisely to the needs of the system.
- Responds to temperature controller to optimize refrigerant flow through valve
- Driver for stepper electronic expansion valve management
- Fast recovery algorithm corrects superheat problems more rapidly than traditional systems after verifying a superheat alarm condition
- Improves system efficiency through its ability to control superheat to a low, stable setting
- Housing: Self Extinguishing ABS
- Case Dimensions:
- Front: 4 DIN Modules, 70 mm x 135 mm with Male and Female Connectors
- Depth: 60 mm
- Protection: IP20
- Connections: Detachable Screw Terminal Block ≤ 2.5 mm2 wiring
- Power Supply: 24VAC/DC ±10%
- Power Absorption: 20VA Max
- Display: Three (3) Digits with Icons, Red LEDs, Height 14.2 mm
- 1 Temperature Probe Pt1000 or NTC
- 1 Pressure Transducer 4 to 20mA or 0 to 5V
- Digital Inputs:
- 1 Free of Voltage
- 1 at High Voltage
- Outputs for Valve: Bipolar or Unipolar Valves
- Data Storage: On the Non-Volatile Memory (EEPROM)
- Kind of Action: 1B
- Pollution Grade: Normal
- Software Class: A
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 60°C
- Storage Temperature: -25 to 60°C
- Relative Humidity: 20 to 85% (non-condensing)
- Resolution: 0.1°C or 1°F
- Temperature Probe Accuracy: ±0.7°C ±1 digit
- Part Number: 318-5001